Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Monday, July 20, 2015

In translation, The Strange character options

I finally had a chance to really dig into this book. I've got to say, I think it's pretty amazing.

After a nice little introduction by Bruce Cordell the book starts right off with new abilities for the three character types.

Pages 4-14 are full of new moves for Vectors, revisions for Parodoxes, and Twists for spinners. Looking over them I think all look useful, none of it looks like filler or redundant material. Reading over the abilities I think my players are going to want them added right away.

Pages 15-25 are new descriptors. I find all the descriptors interesting, even Slacker sounds like it would be fun to play.

Pages 26-90 are all new Foci. As well as adding info about Supers recursions, mastering wuxia, and tiers above level 6. I sat grinning ear to ear reading through these foci. These go a long way to completing and complementing the core book.

The last few pages are portraits and index this the very last page being advertising for other The Strange products.

Overall I think In translation is well worth its $24.99 sticker price. Especially for me since I've been using the core book to run all kinds of other settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...