Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Thursday, July 17, 2014

5E Race Dhampir (cursed background)

Dhampir
 
A dhampir is the child of a vampire and a human.While a Dhampir is mortal, the blood of the cursed surges through its veins.

To play the race of Dhampir you must also choose "The Cursed" as your background.

Ability score increase: +1 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha.

Age: Dhampir do not age as mortals do. After reaching adulthood their age slows if not halts all together.

Alignment: while free willed dhamire's often tent toward lawful, as they are bound to the laws of the night.

Size:same as human.

Speed: 30'
Language: can speak and read common and one language of choice.

Vulnerability: Radiant and fire damage do maximum damage to Dhamires.
Light sensitivity: extreme discomfort while in direct sunlight.
Children of the night: When using stealth skill at night Dhampires have Advantage.





The Cursed (Background)

Skill proficiencies: Deception, Stealth. 
Languages: Pick two.
Trinkets: Roll 3 times on the Trinkets table. These are precious mementos from the long life that you have lived. Memories of lost loved ones and emotional anchors to the past. It would be painful to lose even one of these items.

Start with 15gp

Personality:(d4)
1    I hate what I am, and try to prove to others that I am no monster.
2    I accept what I am. Curse or blessing.
3    I I have been chosen, I don't think I'm better, I am better than those around me.
4    Its because of those fowl creatures that I am this way, I will destroy them all.

Ideal:(d6)
1   Tradition: The old ways must be upheld. If we don't have our traditions we might as well be animals. (lawful)
2   Redemption: I will do what I can to prove myself worthy of the light. (Good)
3   Freedom: Mortal laws are for mortals, I am beyond them. (Chaotic)
4   Power: I see no reason I should not use what I am to get what I want. (evil)
5   Live and let live: I keep my opinions to myself, I expect others to do the same. (neutral)
6   Knowledge: I will use my gifts and long life to acquire and pass on the experience and knowledge I collect. (any)

 Bond:(d4)
1    I don't make friends easily, But when I do I am loyal to the end.
2    Honor is my life. Bonds and vows are taken to the grave.
3    Protecting those around me is how I prove my worth.
4    I understand that we are not bound by our past mistakes. I will look beyond such things in others.


Flaw:(d4) 
1    I do my best to not let others know what I am. I do everything I can to keep my secrets.
2    Hunters have found out what I am. I gave them the slip and moved on. Its only a matter of time          before the find me again.
3    I don't get close to others, I am different. I cant pretend otherwise.
4    Its hard for me to forgive an insult. Even is I forgive, I don't forget.  



4 comments:

  1. Really interesting! A bit of feedback, you gave the race a "vulnerability" to radiant and fire damage but it's max damage instead of double damage. Do you think it needs that to balance the +2 to Str & Dex? What about a claw or bite attack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if it gets the benefits of the vampire heritage it should have some kind of (vampire-like) drawback. Hmmm....Might be cool to have some kind of natural attack.

      Delete
  2. I have many ideas on Dhampirs due to their unique heritage like being unable to be healed by healing magics, utilizing a "drain blood" ability as a bonus action to recover a set amount of hit points as well as an entire class or two created for dhampirs, one focused on them embracing and accepting their vampire side and one were they rebuke it and become a customized ranger template..you know cool roleplaying mechanics

    ReplyDelete

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...